With the Democrats, the Deep State, the FakeNews Industrial Complex, the globalists, and even some so-called “Republicans” fighting against the President every single day, it’s easy to lose track of the overall goal and feel as if MAGA-believers are up against insurmountable odds.
But just as the President fights for us day and night, we mustn’t forget that the President does have friends in Congress, and elsewhere in the country. The few elected officials who do stand with the President, support his agenda, and fight right alongside him against the forces of the Left should be acknowledged for their efforts. And that is why we here at America First have compiled our very own list honoring these patriots.
Here are the Top 20 Most Pro-MAGA politicians in the country.
- Representative Dan Crenshaw (Texas 2): Kicking off the list is one of the newest members of Congress, and perhaps the most famous freshman Republican in the House of Representatives. Although he was initially skeptical of then-candidate Trump in 2016, the eye patch-wearing former SEAL has since voiced his support for President Trump’s stances on immigration and other key issues. Crenshaw proved his media savvy after the unfunny and insulting attack on him by Saturday Night Live’s Pete Davidson, responding with the utmost class, dignity, respect, and patriotism. Since being elected, he has proven to be equally as effective with social media, presenting himself as the polar opposite of his fellow freshman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and clashing with her regularly over Twitter.
- Representative Mark Meadows (North Carolina 11): A loyal supporter of President Trump since the campaign of 2016, the incumbent Chairman of the Freedom Caucus has never been one to mince words when it comes to what should be done about anti-Trump Republicans. Congressman Meadows has previously called for the “ejection” of anti-Trump Republicans, and recently got the chance to further prove his resolve when the Freedom Caucus, under his direction, voted to officially condemn Justin Amash for speaking out in favor of impeaching President Trump.
- Senator Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee): One of the brightest stars of the 2018 midterm cycle was this figure who represents a terrifying prospect to the Left: A woman who firmly supports President Trump. The first woman elected to the Senate from Tennessee, Blackburn has been a loyal supporter of the President since his election, serving as the vice chair of the transition team. She led the charge to nominate President Trump for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his negotiations with North Korea, acknowledging the historic nature of his accomplishments already.
- Senator Ted Cruz (Texas): Ted Cruz is perhaps one of the best examples of someone who has come around to supporting President Trump after a bitter rivalry, which only makes the new alliance all the more satisfying. Senator Cruz is a natural ally to the MAGA movement, having already been one of the most fiercely conservative members of the Senate, if not all of Congress. With his strong stances on immigration and the Democrats’ desperate talk of impeachment, he has definitely earned the new nickname bestowed upon him by President Trump: “Beautiful Ted.”
- Representative Duncan Hunter (California 50): It should be no surprise that a veteran who saw combat in Iraq and Afghanistan has continued to be a warrior in the United States Congress. From his undying support for former service members falsely accused of war crimes such as Eddie Gallagher, to his early calls for the abolition of birthright citizenship and deportation of illegals, it’s no surprise that Congressman Hunter was one of then-candidate Trump’s earliest supporters in Congress, becoming the second member of Congress to endorse his candidacy in 2016.
- Senator David Perdue (Georgia): It only makes sense that one of the President’s closest allies in Congress is another businessman-turned-politician. After a highly successful business career, his tenure in the Senate has been marked by a strong stand against illegal immigration, with Perdue being one of two co-sponsors of the RAISE Act, the earliest viable legislative proposal for reforming the American immigration system into a stricter, merit-based system. Senator Perdue was also one of the first people to come forward and debunk the media’s lies alleging President Trump’s use of a vulgarity to describe third-world countries, proving his determination to fight FakeNews the same way the President does.
- Governor Brian Kemp (Georgia): One of the newest Republican governors in the country, Kemp has proven his resilience in the face of leftist lies since before he was Governor. In the 2016 election, under then-Secretary of State Kemp, Georgia was the only state in the country that resisted the federal government’s attempts to intervene in the electoral process, falsely claiming to be fighting “Russian interference.” After winning his hard-fought election against one of Hollywood’s darling candidates in 2018, the unapologetically socialist Stacey Abrams, he stood strong against the unsubstantiated allegations of voter fraud and voter suppression. As Governor, he has taken a strong stand for the right to life and signed into law one of the country’s first “heartbeat bills.”
- House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (Louisiana 1): Although the GOP leadership in Congress has had a rough track record during Donald Trump’s presidency, there is one shining star in the upper echelon of the establishment: Former House Majority Whip, now Minority Whip, Steve Scalise of Louisiana. Unlike his past and present superiors Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy, Scalise is much more in-line with the Republican base, and understands voters’ widespread support for the Trump agenda, particularly on the key issue of immigration. In the wake of his near-fatal assassination attempt, Scalise has also refused to copy the Left’s victimhood playbook on gun rights, and remains a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment to this day.
- Representative Mo Brooks (Alabama 5): One of many Republicans elected in the Tea Party wave of 2010, Brooks’ pre-Trump stances on immigration from 2010 seem prescient. With unapologetic support for deporting illegal aliens, a firm opposition to amnesty and sanctuary cities, and sponsoring and co-sponsoring over 100 bills on illegal immigration, Brooks just might be the strictest immigration hawk in all of Congress.
- Secretary of State Kris Kobach (Kansas): One of the best possible words to use in describing Kris Kobach is “fighter.” On everything from illegal immigration to voter fraud, Kobach takes the fight directly to the Left time and again; the Left’s frequent attempts to “fact-check” or otherwise falsely debunk his claims should be testament to his effectiveness in some of the most important fights of our time. Even from outside of government, Kobach has proven his determination to secure our border through his work with the private organization We Build The Wall.
- Senator Josh Hawley (Missouri): As both the youngest member of the Senate and one of its newest members after the 2018 elections, Josh Hawley is perhaps the best example of adding a truly fresh face to the lineup of the MAGA crowd in Congress. The former state Attorney General, Hawley has made clear his support for shifting the Republican Party, and conservatism in general, away from the ideas of the past and towards a more nationalist and populist tone. He has made the case for breaking up Facebook and other Big Tech giants that continue to censor right-wing voices. And his maiden speech on the Senate floor outlined a most comprehensive, capable, and coherent approach to the ever-growing divide between Middle America and the “aristocratic elite” that dominate politics, the media, the economy, and culture itself.
- Representative Steve King (Iowa 4): For years before President Trump started his historic campaign, Congressman Steve King was issuing many of the same warnings about the dangers of mass migration into the United States, as well as the existential threat that radical Islamic jihadism presents to Western Civilization as a whole. Naturally, this has earned him the ire of the Left, which has repeatedly and falsely slandered him as anti-Semitic, alt-right, and a white supremacist. Even after losing support from his own party on multiple occasions, Congressman King stands strong in his beliefs and his commitment to our Republic.
- Senator Tom Cotton (Arkansas): Tom Cotton may not have the most visible national profile, but he has repeatedly proven himself to be one of the closely-aligned Republicans with the President on immigration. Alongside Senator Perdue, Cotton was the other co-sponsor of the RAISE Act. And Senator Cotton has one of the strongest relationships with the Trump Administration of any member of Congress, having been previously considered by President Trump for the positions of Secretary of Defense (twice), and CIA Director. He also allegedly played a role in the selection of John Kelly as head of the DHS, and has even been described as “the future of Trumpism.”
- Governor Ron DeSantis (Florida): It should come as no surprise that one of the most pro-Trump members of Congress, who ran one of the most Trumpian campaigns in the entire country in 2018, would go on to make for one of the greatest governors in the country. Whether he’s standing up for the Second Amendment, cracking down on illegal immigration, or appointing numerous conservative justices to the state Supreme Court, Governor DeSantis has truly earned his astronomically high approval ratings, and has further proven that the MAGA agenda can be a massive success at the state level as well as nationally.
- Representative Lee Zeldin (New York 1): From early on in the Trump presidency, Congressman Lee Zeldin has been one of the President’s most vocal supporters in his ongoing battle with the Deep State. From supporting the firing of James Comey to being one of the most prominent voices in favor of a second special investigation into illegal government surveillance, the combat veteran and military intelligence professional has been by the President’s side for the entirety of the collusion saga and the ongoing counter-investigation.
- Representative Jim Jordan (Ohio 4): It’s a given that the inaugural Chairman of the Freedom Caucus, and the current Vice Chair, would be on this list. Congressman Jordan is no stranger to taking on the establishment, having played a crucial role in the government shutdown of 2013, and with the Freedom Caucus under his watch leading the charge to drive House Speaker John Boehner from office. So it’s only natural that he would be kindred spirits with President Trump; his outspoken criticisms of the phony Russia probe have earned him recognition from the President, who has described Jordan as one of several “warriors” in the House of Representatives.
- Representative Louie Gohmert (Texas 1): Serving in Congress for nearly 15 years has given Congressman Gohmert more than enough time to establish himself as one of the strongest critics of undue foreign influence in America. From the Muslim Brotherhood, to George Soros, to insidious abuses of our immigration system, his comments have been falsely labeled as conspiracy theories by the mainstream media, which has only strengthened his resolve in taking on both foreign threats and the nonstop lies of FakeNews. Since President Trump took office, Congressman Gohmert has also taken his ferocious fighting nature to the battle over the Russia collusion hoax, as well as calling out the Democrats’ hypocrisy on illegal immigration. Louie is a true fighter.
- Representative Matt Gaetz (Florida 1): Congressman Matt Gaetz is a true firebrand in every sense of the word. Elected to Congress in the same year that President Trump won the White House, Congressman Gaetz has wasted no time in making a name for himself as one of the President’s strongest supporters on just about every front; not the least of which, of course, is the illegal surveillance of the Trump campaign and the Mueller witch hunt. The media’s smear campaign against Congressman Gaetz has been so strong that he has been falsely accused of “intimidating a witness” after criticizing the perfidious Michael Cohen. Even in the face of a nonsensical investigation by the Florida Bar Association, Congressman Gaetz remains steadfast in his support for the President and the MAGA agenda.
- Senator Lindsey Graham (South Carolina): No other politician in America today has had a greater “redemption” arc than Senator Graham. Originally one of Trump’s rivals in the 2016 primary and one of his most outspoken critics in the general election, Graham has since come around to becoming one of the President’s most vocal supporters in all of Congress. From his passionate and righteous defense of Judge Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearings, to his leadership of the Senate Judiciary Committee taking on the Deep State and its efforts to derail the Trump Presidency, Lindsey Graham is proof that establishment Republicans can be convinced to join the winning side in the ideological battle over the future of the GOP.
- Representative Devin Nunes (California 22): Being a Republican in California, it should come as no surprise that Devin Nunes has developed a resilience quite rare in Congress. But when this nine-term Congressman decided to expose the truth about the abuse of the secret FISA court by the FBI, he earned his status as a household name, and one of the Left’s favorite targets. Despite the smears and lies about his findings, his historic memo released in February of 2018 marked the very first domino to fall in the Spygate saga, which directly led to the ongoing investigation by Attorney General Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham. Congressman Nunes has also declared war on Big Tech, filing a $250 million lawsuit against Twitter over the site’s censorship and bias towards conservative and right-wing voices. As the one other individual, besides President Trump, to directly take on the Deep State and emerge victorious, and one of the very few who is also going after the social media giants, Nunes makes it to the top of this list.
One final note: The purpose of this list is to give you hope, by reminding you that there are true warriors in elected office today, fighting the good fight every single day, standing between the American people and our enemies on the Left.
However, even though the election of President Trump has opened the door for other populist and nationalist figures to rise alongside him, the fact remains that this list is only 20 names long. There are some names that were not included, even though they could very well go on this list. But at the end of the day, out of the 199 Republicans in the House of Representatives, only 11 are listed; out of the 53 Republicans in the Senate, only 6 are on this list; and out of 27 Republican governors, there are but 2 on this list. These figures are tragic, an indictment of the modern GOP.
There are plenty of Republicans in both houses, and in states all around the country, who still oppose the President’s MAGA agenda and will voluntarily sit out the culture war when the going gets tough. We should never stop until we can guarantee that virtually all elected Republicans can be comfortably called “pro-MAGA.”
AMERICA First is the newest nationally-syndicated radio show in the United States, part of the Salem Radio Network. The host, Sebastian Gorka PhD., served most recently as Deputy Assistant for Strategy to the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, and is author of the New York Times bestselling book “Defeating Jihad.” His latest book is “Why We Fight: Defeating America’s Enemies – With No Apologies.” You can follow him on Twitter @SebGorka, on Facebook, and on Instagram @sebastian_gorka. AMERICA First is available on the iTunes podcast app, streams live at www.sebgorka.com, and is on YouTube. You can contact him here.